Saturday, June 30, 2012

Napoleon's Army by Lucien Rousselot

Hello folks,

Finally I got my first Napoleonic reference book.  I decided to pay a handsome sum of money so my fellow figure painters would stop laughing at me.  (you know who you are...Randall and Sascha!)


Most of my books are about painting.  However, this is my first reference book and I am quite excited about it.  I haven't the time to look through it but I just want to proof to my dear friends I finally got a reference book on what I am painting lol~  Which most of the time I rely on the gents' expertise above mentioned.   I want to thank them for their tremendous help.










Well, this post is not about the book review, but just by flipping through the page it start to give me the idea on more advanced level of painting such as more dramatic light and shadow and NMM.  If you are interested in this book, check out the reviews here:

NAPOLEONS ARMY-1790 Lucien Rousselot

Best regards,

VS

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Rosbif, Ben. Great purchase and maybe I'll get myself this book!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books with the right info are always a good investment for a painter.
    So just forget the price and enjoy it, you only live once!

    ReplyDelete